We All Have Wounds...
When asked what was the greatest commandment, Christ responded:
"You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the greatest and the first commandment. The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
- Mt 22:37-39
We love God because He created us and loved us first. We are created in His image and likeness and so we are made to love Him and all the reflections of Him in His creation. This is why Dorothy Day has said, “I really only love God as much as I love the person I love the least.”
We remember that Christ has said that we must love our neighbor as ourselves. But what many of us have never heard is that until we are healed of our emotional and mental wounds, whether real or perceived, we can never truly love God, ourselves and others.
Healing is the first step to a life of peace that surpasses understanding and the eternal Joy that Christ has promised those who love Him. As Saint Augustine wrote in his Confessions, "Thou hast made us for thyself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in thee."
Please Spend Time with the Prayers Below...
These prayers are a balm to heal and provide spiritual rest and protection.
If you would like us to pray for you, please send us your request here
We also offer prayer groups and counseling at all of our retreats.
Consider bringing your needs to us in person. Join us at our next retreat
Commission of the Care of Soul and Body For oneself:
Into thy hands, Mary, I commend my body and my soul. I ask thee to provide for them and to protect them. I ask thee to protect them from the evil one. I ask thee enlighten my mind, strengthen my will, and refrain my appetites by grace. Our Lady and St. Michael, call down from Heaven the legions of angels under your command to protect me; I ask of thee all the things I ask of my Guardian Angel. My guardian angel, under thy intellectual and volitional protection I place my body. I ask thee to illumine my mind and refrain my appetites. I ask thee to strengthen my cogitative power, my memory and my imagination. Help me to remember the things I should and not remember the things I should not. Help me to associate the things I should and not to associate the things I should not. Give me good clear images in my imagination. I ask thee to drive away all the demons that might affect me while I sleep (or throughout the course of the day). (Help me to sleep and, if thou should deem it prudent, direct my dreams. Help me to arise refreshed). Amen
(3) Have mercy on me, O God, according to thy great mercy. And according to the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my iniquity. Wash me yet more from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. (5) For I know my iniquity, and my sin is always before me.
(6) To thee only have I sinned, and have done evil before thee: that thou mayst be justified in thy words and mayst overcome when thou art judged. (7) For behold I was conceived in iniquities; and in sins did my mother conceive me. (8) For behold, thou hast loved truth: the uncertain and hidden things of thy wisdom thou hast made manifest to me. (9) Thou shalt sprinkle me with hyssop, and I shall be cleansed: thou shalt wash me, and I shall be made whiter than snow. (10) To my hearing thou shalt give joy and gladness: and the bones that have been humbled shall rejoice.
(11) Turn away thy face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. (12) Create a clean heart in me, O God: and renew a right spirit within my bowels. (13) Cast me not away from thy face, and take not thy holy spirit from me. (14) Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation, and strengthen me with a perfect spirit. (15) I will teach the unjust thy ways: and the wicked shall be converted to thee.
(16) Deliver me from blood, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall extol thy justice. (17) O Lord, thou wilt open my lips: and my mouth shall declare thy praise. (18) For if thou hadst desired sacrifice, I would indeed have given it: with burnt offerings thou wilt not be delighted. (19) A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. (20) Deal favorably, O Lord, in thy good will with Sion; that the walls of Jerusalem may be built up.
(21) Then shalt thou accept the sacrifice of justice, oblations and whole burnt offerings: then shall they lay calves upon thy altar.
- Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
Prayer to St. Raphael the Archangel for Healing
Glorious Archangel St. Raphael, great prince of the heavenly court, you are illustrious for your gifts of wisdom and grace.
You are a guide of those who journey by land or sea or air, consoler of the afflicted, and refuge of sinners.
I beg you, assist me in all my needs and in all the sufferings of this life, as once you helped the young Tobias on his travels.
Because you are the “medicine of God” I humbly pray you to heal the many infirmities of my soul and the ills that afflict my body.
I especially ask of you the favor (here mention your special intention), and the great grace of purity to prepare me to be the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Prayer Against Oppression
Most Blessed Trinity, by the authority given to me by the natural law and by Thy giving these things & rights to me, I claim authority, rights and power over my N. (income, finances, possessions, etc.) and anything else that pertains to the oppression. By the merits of Thy Sacred Wounds, I reclaim the rights, powers and authority over anything which I may have lost or conceded to any demon and I ask Thee to remove any demon's ability to influence or affect anything in my life. God the Father humiliate the demons that have sought to steal Thy glory from Thee by oppressing Thy creatures. We beseech Thee to show Thy great glory and power over them and Thy great generosity to me, Thine unworthy creature, by answering all that I have asked of Thee so that I might love Thee perfectly. I bind all demons of oppression, in the name of Jesus, by the power of the Most Precious Blood, the power of the humility with which Christ suffered His wounds, and the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Virgin Most Powerful, Saint Michael the Archangel, the blessed Apostles, Peter and Paul, and all the saints, and I command you to leave my N. (Income, finances, possessions, etc. ) alone and go to the foot of the Holy Cross to receive your sentence, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.