Check Agenda for specific times/information
- Doors open at 2:30 pm
- Typically includes Divine Mercy Chaplet, Holy Mass, Rosary, First Session with Retreat Master, Adoration, Prayer Teams and opportunity for private prayer and meditation. Evening concludes about 8:30 pm
- Doors open at 8:00 am
- Saturday will include Holy Mass, Rosary, presentations by Retreat Master, Divine Mercy Chaplet, Prayer Teams, Adoration, Private prayer, and Blessing of Sacramentals including water, oil and salt. Evening concludes about 8:30 pm with prayer/healing service
All retreats are held at: The Sanctuary of Our Sorrowful Mother, 318 N. 8th St. Vandalia, IL 62471
We are located about a one-hour drive East of St. Louis Airport. Details are included on our Maps and Directions page.
Registration fees include admission to the retreat.
Local hotels are listed on our Meals and Lodging page
We have several restaurants within one mile of Sanctuary for meals. You are also welcome to bring or pick up a meal and eat in our outdoor devotional areas. Outdoor tables/chairs are available as you enjoy our grounds.
We feature three Chapels within the Sanctuary.
- The Blessed Sacrament is reposed within the Stabat Mater Chapel.
- We have a chapel dedicated to Fr. Peter Rookey who was our mentor and entrusted us with many of his personal items.
- Chapel of Mary, Reconciler of All People and Nations. This chapel is dedicated to Our Lady as she appeared to Servant of God Maria Esperanza in Betania, Venezuela.
On the grounds, we have a replica of the Holy Sepulcher in the rear yard of the House of Mary and Martha. The Blessed Sacrament is reposed there during retreats.
You are welcome to spend time praying in all of our chapels and devotional areas.