The Green Scapular of the Immaculate Heart was entrusted to a Daughter of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul, Sister Justine Bisqueyburu.
This scapular is not a part of a confraternity. It needs only to be blessed by a priest, investiture is not needed. The scapular contains the image of Our Lady and Her Immaculate Heart. The inscription surrounding the heart reads, “Immaculate Heart of Mary, Pray for us now and at the hour of our death” the Green Scapular was approved by Pius IX in 1863 and again in 1870.
The particular power of this Scapular is that of conversion, to bring her Son into the hearts of men.